Today is Foodie Pen Pal reveal day and I’m so excited to share the many wonderful things I received this month from Melanie. Not familiar with Foodie Pen Pals? Check it out here.
- Earth’s Best Quinoa: This sesame street meal is packed with veggies and make for an easy to make side dish or lunch on the go. This was the perfect meal to bring to work and was ready in 60 seconds!
- Bumble Bee Light Tuna: Tuna is another staple in my pantry due to its long shelf life and versatility. My favorite meal to make is a classic tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread: tuna, light mayo, chopped celery, tomatoes, salt, pepper and a dash of curry powder.
- Pereg Quinoa: This southern style quinoa was so easy to make and includes a delicious blend of smoked paprika, tomatoes, red bell peppers and tons of flavorful spices! The quinoa only took about 10 minutes and it was the perfect complement to my baked chicken breast and green beans.
- Bag of dried black beans: Black beans are a staple in Melanie’s home so she sent over a generous bag in this months package. Black beans are great because they store well and are easy to rehydrate. Just throw them in boiling water for a few minutes, remove them from the stove and let stand for about an hour. Check out my Black Bean + Corn Summer Salad recipe for Meatless Monday!
- PopChips: Sean and I love to go camping and one of our favorite things to bring with us are BBQ and Sea Salt & Vinegar chips. PopChips are never fried or baked – they are popped – and are oh, so delicious.
- Better Oats Hot Cereal: This was a fantastic on-the-go way to start my morning. Dark Chocolate instant oatmeal by better oats is naturally flavored and is made with real chocolate morsels. Yum.
- Tea & Emergen-C: For those who know me, know about my recent tea addiction. I’m so thankful that Melanie sent over some more tea for my collection. I love the Numi Organic Jasmine Green Tea (which was featured on one of my past FTC post’s) and the Stash peppermint tea (great on a cold morning.) She also threw in some packets of Emergen-C which are always a must-have.
- Sweet Treats: On a recent family trip to Canada, Melanie picked me up some goodies! Nestle Aero candy bar, Smarties and coffee crisp (love these!) She also picked me up some Kinder surprise eggs. These treats blend both milk and white chocolate and hold a very special prize in the middle – great for kids!
- Starbucks Via Ready Brew: I’m usually in the office between 6am – 8am and sometimes do not have time to make coffee. This Italian Dark Roast ready brew is perfect on-the-go.
- Silicone spatula: What a sweet surprise!
Now for those of you who are new to this and interested in joining, here is what Foodie Penpals is all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
Click here to learn more or to sign up!
She sent you a Kinder Surprise!? That’s awesome. They are the epitome of my childhood, it’s so crazy to me that you can’t get them in the USA!
This is such an amazing idea with the pen pals and all. You got some great treats in there. Lou