Hey everyone! Today is Foodie Pen Pal reveal day and I’m excited to share the treats I receive from Crystal…yes, we have the same name. Not familiar with “Foodie Pen Pals”? Check it out below! So Crystal is a full-time student from Maryland studying nutrition and is looking forward to becoming a Registered Dietitian. She has a gluten allergy, so I had to be very specific regarding the items I picked out for her. Here’s just a quick overview of the items I picked out for her, then I’ll share the fabulous treats she sent to me:
- Crystal expressed to me that she loved popcorn, so I decided to share with her this local product – COMET CORN. I haven’t had this flavor before so I asked her tell me what she thought of the Bloody Mary flavor. SHE LOVED IT!
- Since she mentioned she liked to cook with coconut oil, I thought a nifty coconut oil spray would come in handy. I use my olive oil spray all the time to quickly grease my pans or add flavor to my food. I suggested she try spraying it on almonds before toasting or over popcorn instead of butter!
- She loves butters so I picked up some Sunflower Seed butter to try with apples or blend it in a smoothie.
- Sprouted Mung Beans: These tiny fresh-tasting beans have a rich creamy texture & nutty-sweet taste.
- Earnest Chewy Granola Bars: Perfect on-the-go snack.
My Foodie Pen Pal Package
Crystal’s package of health conscious goodies couldn’t have come at a better time. After indulging the past week for my 30th birthday, I was committed to eating healthier and this pen pal package promotes exactly that!
- Crystal loves raw food so she sent me this amazing 100% Organic Carrot Cake Super Cookies! Who knew?! They are SO good – seriously! Go pick up a bag and try it for yourself. There is coconut in these, where coconut in food is either a HIT or MISS, but the coconut flavors in these are a HIT. I’m eating these as I type and I seriously can’t stop. Gluten Free * Wheat Free * Nut Free*
- Ok, the next item in my pen pal package is a party in your mouth! SomerSaults Salty Pepper nuggets! Not only do these baked sunflower seeds & toasted grains twirls your taste buds but they are nut free, high in protein, vegan and a healthier alternative to potato chips. Absolutely addictive.
- Let’s meet my new B.F.F (Breakfast Friend Forever!) For someone who is rushing out the door at 6:30am for work, Crystal’s third item is perfect for my morning routine. Cocomamma Quinoa Cereal: All Natural & Gluten-Free Banana Cinnamon breakfast pouch. Packed with flavor, this cereal has REAL bananas, cinnamon, Madagascar vanilla, pure maple syrup and fair trade, organic quinoa. (See my older post on fair trade products….) Whoa! This is fantastic! I added some freshly cut bananas to the cereal.
- The perfect snack! This chocolate peanut butter CHIA BAR is just 100 calories and really curves your appetite. I enjoyed this snack mid-afternoon on Tuesday as I was getting a little hungry and it did just the trick.
- I absolutely love Justin’s nut butters! Crystal included their honey peanut butter which she suggests on apples, toast and even waffles (hmmm will have to try it on waffles!) I decided to enjoy this treat with a granny smith apple as a mid-afternoon snack to help me through another busy day at work. I really enjoyed the slight sweetness from the honey!
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
Click here to learn more…
Cheers to another great day! ~Crystal @CrysPeterson